SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Use in a potential commercial app

Last post 12-17-2011 10:45 AM by siegi44. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2011 8:16 PM

• Cavar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-16-2011
    • Posts 1

Use in a potential commercial app

Hello,

I am working on a utility that needs syntax highlighting and some of the other features provided by the Text Editor component you use in #D.

Based on the other posts in this forum it looks like I can use the TextEdit DLL in a commercial app as long as I don't modify the source and I provide a copy of the license and note that my utility uses your component.

Is this correct? I am not familiar with open source licenses since this is the first time I have needed to use some in software I am developing.

Also, AvalonEdit is for WPF, correct? Is there a WinForms version of the component?

Thanks,

Cavar

• 12-17-2011 10:45 AM In reply to

• siegi44
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-31-2006
    • Steyr, Austria
    • Posts 806
    • Team Members

Re: Use in a potential commercial app

Cavar:

Based on the other posts in this forum it looks like I can use the TextEdit DLL in a commercial app as long as I don't modify the source and I provide a copy of the license and note that my utility uses your component.

Is this correct?

yes. If you modify the source code of the component you have to provide it (the modified source code of the component only) as a download. If you find or fix a bug, please report it, or contribute the fix back to the project.

Cavar:
    Also, AvalonEdit is for WPF, correct? Is there a WinForms version of the component?

ICSharpCode.TextEditor for Windows Forms

ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit for WPF

Please note that ICSharpCode.TextEditor is no longer actively developed and that AvalonEdit is way superior in terms of features and extensibility.

regards,

Siegfried

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)