SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

[RESOLVED] sharpdevelop 4.2 - Problem to add reference (python)

Last post 12-12-2012 11:09 PM by openoc. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-12-2012 4:24 PM

• openoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-12-2012
    • Posts 3

[RESOLVED] sharpdevelop 4.2 - Problem to add reference (python)

Hi,

I program with Sharpdevelop and I like it. It is a very good job !

My problem :

i must to do a program with NHunspell that is the spellchecker Hunspell for .Net.

When I work with the interpreter IronPython2.7 (not the python's interpreter in sharpdevelop \Addins\BackendBindings\pythonBindings) I have put in IronPython's repertory all the NHunspell 's dll. I add reference in the project and I write  clr.AddReference('NHunspell') and import NHunspell. The program works fine without problem.

But when I want to work with sharpdevelop's interpreter for python in  \Addins\BackendBindings\pythonBindings\ipy.exe,  if I put all the NHunspell's dll in this repertory or in the sharpdevelop\4.2\bin with the same logic of add reference and clr and import, the interpreter says that it can not find NHunspell.

My question:

With the shardevelop's python interpreter, where I must put my new library (reference ) ?

Thanks

Bruno

• 12-12-2012 8:39 PM In reply to

Re: sarpdevelop 4.2 - Problem to add reference (python)

It depends on how you are running your IronPython code.

If you are using the Python Console (View - Tools - Python Console) then NHunspell dlls can be copied into the SharpDevelop's bin folder.

If you running it with Ipy.exe (e.g. Debug - Run) then the dlls should be in the same directory as your python file (program.py).

I tried putting the dlls into PythonBindings\Dlls but that does not seem to work.

• 12-12-2012 11:09 PM In reply to

• openoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-12-2012
    • Posts 3

[RESOLVED]Re: sarpdevelop 4.2 - Problem to add reference (python)

Thanks a lot MattWard,

I did a lot of tests and now it works. It was only a stupid manipulation; I have followed your idea and it is good now. An another problem was the NHunspell was not global (typical pythonic problem) and I have seen that the import was not in the good place, must be in the MainForm.py and not in the program.py.

It works now, and I can continue my job.

Thanks a lot, Matt

Cheers,

Bruno

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)