SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

SharpDevelop Debugger dont get detached from the process[Debuggee]

Last post 11-02-2013 3:17 PM by Waqaar. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-02-2013 3:17 PM

• Waqaar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-30-2013
    • Posts 1

SharpDevelop Debugger dont get detached from the process[Debuggee]

Hello,

I am facing one issue in the SharpDevelop debugger.

I have developed a Console App for executing and debugging javascript file by using "Jurassic compiler". I have developed UI with the help of AvalonEdit, which allows all debugging feature like breakpoints, step into etc...

Now when user wants to debug javascript file, I load it into AvalonEdit and put a breakpoint somewhere, then start debugging. In the backend, I run the ConsoleApp process by Process class then attach the Sharpdevelop debugger into it programmitically, it works fine till here.

Now suppose user is debugging javascript file and in the mid, he/she wants to stop debugging,then I detach the debugger from debuggee, then kill my Console App. In this ways it should work fine. But it doesnt , I thnk it is not detaching from debugee. And my debugee process remain alive.

Now if I comment out few lines like attaching a debugger to debugee, then user user stop the process, it simply gets kill the debugee process.

So, I am sure I have not written correct code for detaching a debugger from debugee.

Notes:

1) To kill the process, I dont use kill method of Process class, as it wont kill the process gracefully, instead I use "EventWaitHandle" to signal the process to shutdown itself.

2) I am using Windows 7 64 bit.

3) Incase, I am not clear, please let me know.

Thanks

Regards

Waqaar

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)