SharpDevelop Community

Get your problems solved!
Welcome to SharpDevelop Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

A few questions...

Last post 08-29-2005 11:50 AM by DanielGrunwald. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2005 11:13 AM

A few questions...

I've been using Visual Studio 6.0 and now, I don't know how to do somethings in SharpDevelop.

I don't find the Object explorer anywere. In Visual Basic 6 it is in the View menu.

In Visual Basic 6 when I want to add xp style to my form, I add a .res file to the project with the manifest inside. SharpDevelop creates a .manifest file but I want that the file is in the application.

That's all. Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish.
  • 08-27-2005 12:07 PM In reply to

• Lecenio
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-22-2005
    • Esteio / RS - Brazil
    • Posts 34

Resposta: A few questions...

Hi!

>> I don't find the Object explorer anywere. In Visual Basic 6 it is in the View menu.

SharpDevelop uses the "Classes Scout" and "Assembly Scout" (View / Assembly Scout). Sharpdevelop and Visual Studio .NET have not a "Object Browser", many things changed in the .NET IDEs... They are such Visual C 6.0.

>> In Visual Basic 6 when I want to add xp style to my form, I add a .res file to the project with the manifest inside. SharpDevelop creates a .manifest file but I want that the file is in the application.

.NET forms already have "xp style", the forms appearence change with the Windows XP Theme!

• 08-27-2005 12:22 PM In reply to

Re: Resposta: A few questions...

Thanks for the answer. But in the second question, I know that already has xp style. When I compile a project, automatically  creates a .manifest file in the same folder where the .exe is. That's why it has xp style. But I don't want to have the manifest in the same folder, I want that the manifest is IN the program's resources, so I can have the program with xp style without any other file in the same folder. You know what I mean?
  • 08-28-2005 3:15 AM In reply to

• Lecenio
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-22-2005
    • Esteio / RS - Brazil
    • Posts 34

Resposta: Re: Resposta: A few questions...

Hi!

The xp style does not depend of the .manifest!

The .manifest is created only when you compile with the "Debug Configuration". I think that the ".manifest" have something related with the debugging engine.

If you compile with "Release Configuration", then the ".manifest" will be not created!

• 08-28-2005 12:41 PM In reply to

Re: Resposta: A few questions...

Add these two lines to the beginning of your Shared Sub Main:
    Application.EnableVisualStyles()
    Application.DoEvents()

Then you'll have xp style even if you remove the manifest.
  • 08-29-2005 1:06 AM In reply to

• Lecenio
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-22-2005
    • Esteio / RS - Brazil
    • Posts 34

Resposta: Re: Resposta: A few questions...

Hi Daniel!

What have the .manifest file? Why it  have a relation with window styles?

• 08-29-2005 11:50 AM In reply to

Re: Resposta: Re: Resposta: A few questions...

The manifest defines which version of comctl the program uses. In .NET, there are 3 possibilities to get xp style:
    1. create a .manifest file (SharpDevelop does this for you)
    2. embed the .manifest file in the .exe - you have to create a win32 resource file manually and specify that in the compiler options
    3. call Application.EnableVisualStyles() - there is a bug in .NET 1.1 that requires you to call DoEvents() after EnableVisualStyles (otherwise you'll get problem with ImageLists)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)